Ten Common Hearing Loss Symptoms
Hearing loss is a widespread condition, affecting nearly 50 million people in the United States. Changes in our hearing don’t typically occur all at once. Rather, hearing loss symptoms appear over time. Hearing loss is a gradual process that often impacts certain listening frequencies more than it affects others.
Do you or a loved one sometimes have a difficult time hearing? Consider these questions:
- Are you embarrassed to talk openly about not being able to hear?
- Are you cutting out activities that you used to love because you cannot join in fully anymore?
- Is your inability to hear co-workers affecting your job performance?
- Do you have difficult hearing friends and family in noisy places like a restaurant?
- Are you feeling cut off from your young children or grandchildren because you cannot hear their high-pitched voices?
- Are family holidays a strain because so many people are talking at once?
- Do you frequently ask people to repeat themselves?
- Is there a ringing or buzzing in your ear?
- Do you often complain that people talking to you are mumbling?
- Are you having difficulties understanding people on the phone?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, consider getting your hearing checked as soon as possible. Call Andros Audiology and Hearing Aid Center at 651-888-7803 today!