Who Needs a Sleep Test?
A sleep test can be beneficial in identifying obstructive sleep apnea and other sleeping conditions. You can benefit from a sleep test if any of the following apply to you:
- Your snoring is disruptive to the sleep of others
- You wake up gasping for air
- You frequently wake up during the night
- You have morning and daytime tiredness
- You’ve fallen asleep driving or during engaging activities
- You have atrial fibrillation that is difficult to control
- You’re on 3 or more antihypertensive/ blood pressure medications
- You have difficult to control diabetes
- You’re considering bariatric surgery
If you fall into any of the above categories, you may have a sleep disorder (like sleep apnea) and could benefit from a sleep study.
Complete our online STOP BANG and Epworth Sleepiness Scale tests to see if you are at risk for sleep apnea.
Sleep Tests at Andros
Our sleep center is a two bed facility that is attached to our clinic. We test patients aged 6 years or older. Both rooms are private suites with Sleep Number beds. Services and supplies available include:
- Home or out of center sleep tests
- In lab or monitored sleep tests/ polysomnography
- CPAP machines and supplies
The studies are completely painless and last roughly 10 hours. During the test you will have several sensors connected to your body (index finger, head, legs, etc.). These sensors monitor how different parts of your body act during your sleep cycle. Using this data, our sleep specialists will be able to identify the underlying sleep condition that is hindering your slumber. You will meet with your sleep specialist roughly 2 weeks after your test to discuss the results and form a treatment plan.
If you think you have sleep apnea, give us a call today to set up your very own sleep test.